What you should know when shopping for Family Health Insurance?
Family health insurance provides protection for the whole family, with this you can avoid lengthy delays in public medical facilities, allowing you to receive treatment promptly in a private facility of your choice.
Depending on your cover type you may also be offered a private room, allowing you and your family some privacy. To access these benefits, you will usually be required to pay an annual premium and the policy will then cater for hospital expenses, up to the specified cover limits, for any treatment you or your family might need.
The different cover levels include;
- In-patient Level: This is the basic mandatory level which covers inpatient treatment, where you stay in a hospital bed for the day or overnight.
- Out-patient Level: This caters for walk-in treatment services, where you receive treatment or see a consultant, but do not need a hospital bed.
- In-patient & Out-patient: This is the most comprehensive health cover level that offers both in-patient and out-patient cover benefits and is the most ideal for a family, and its possible to add extras such as dental, optical and maternity benefits.
Key benefits of family health insurance;
- Your policy may include hospital accommodation for a parent when a child must stay overnight.
- Access to a private ambulance.
- After-care and home nursing, and post-hospitalization review expenses.
- Dedicated medical helplines and easily accessible doctor consultation.
- Access to countrywide hospital network.
- Some plans include free funeral cover.
Before you can buy a policy, you must pay attention to the policy language and terms, we help you do this to ensure that the desired coverage is adequate to meet your potential needs.
Remember when choosing a deal, the cheapest quote is not always the best.
It is best to aim for a balance between a reasonable price and the right amount of cover depending on your specific needs, this way you can avoid ending up over-insured or under-insured.
Lets Engage Today
This article is written by our Principal Officer Winnie M., who has vast insurance knowledge spanning over 10+ years in the industry. You can write to her and/or share feedback via this email email@example.com