Have Any Questions?

+254 732 393 100



Visit Us Daily

Royal Office, 3rd Flr, Mogotio Rd, Nairobi

Our Working Hours

Mon-Fri 8.00am- 5.00pm

What is covered under Home Insurance Cover? 

Homeowners’ insurance provides financial protection against many common household disasters. A

standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it are covered for both the home owner and the tenant. You feel at peace knowing that you have protection against major risks like fire, flood, theft, escape of water, and damage. 

Let us be real, this cover is just a minor detail compared to the investment we put in to bring our homes to life.

What is covered?

A basic home cover will cover your house and belongings against life’s unexpected events. We offer building and contents insurance plus a range of added extras to make sure you get the protection you need.

The coverage is divided into different sections;

  • Buildings insurance:

This is designed for homeowners and is meant to protect your home against damage and loss to your

building. This may include damage to either the exterior and interior walls, roofs, and flooring, amongst

other things.

  • Contents insurance:

This can be bought by homeowners and tenants to protect against loss, damage, or theft of home

belongings. It will cover things like your sofa, TV, cookers, clothes, electronics, and valuables such as

paintings and jewelry.

Bonus Tip

Contents insurance covers bulk items that cannot be easily removed from the property, such as furniture. It does not cover fixtures and fittings. Portable items are covered under the All Risk section of home insurance,

  • WIBA extension for household employees;

We may not wish for it, but terrible things happen to good people. This benefit ensures your employees such as the house manager or gardener are protected if a window breaks, cut through an electric cable or drilled through a pipe and accidentally hurt themselves.

Whatever happens, the WIBA benefit cover offers them extra protection. And while it will not stop accidents, it will stop them from being so expensive to fix.

Did you know?

“An employer is liable to pay compensation in accordance with the provisions of the WIBA Act to an

employee injured while at work.”

  • Owner’s or Occupier’s legal expenses extension;

Well, we all enjoy hosting guests in our homes, unfortunately sometimes things go wrong, and we end up being dragged into lawsuits. Now, even if you win the case, legal fees can be awfully expensive and

can leave you devastated. Get up to Kshs.1 million in legal cover, with that it will cover any legal expenses you might incur.

Did you know?

“Under the Provisions of the Occupiers Liability Act of Kenya Cap 34 an occupier owes a common duty of care to all invitees to his premises. This means that the occupier is liable if an invitee is injured while in the premises.”

  • Temporary Movement of household property;

We know life moves all the time, that is why we have made it easy for you to choose extra protection whenever you need it. This benefit enables you to extend your home contents insurance to when you are temporarily moving them from your premises. So that even when your belongings are far from home, in the event of relocation you know they are safe.

  • Damage to buildings and Landlord’s fixtures and fittings (Optional)

When you let in a property you want to keep the landlord’s fixtures and fittings protected. Your fixtures and fittings are covered by your property owner’s buildings insurance, but in some cases, it is limited, and you may decide to take out a policy to cover this exposure. Whether it is ruined skirting boards or damaged kitchen units, this insurance will help you cover the costs of repairing or replacing any damaged fixtures and fittings in the property.

  • Forces ATM withdrawal/ Emergency Rescue/Firefighting

A benefit that covers you to a specific limit in the event of forced withdrawals of money from ATM following a home robbery, this may be coupled up with emergency rescue in the event of fire breakout and need for firefighting.

It is best to aim for a balance between a reasonable price and the right amount of cover depending on your specific needs, this way you can avoid ending up over-insured or under-insured.

Lets Engage Today

This article is written by our Principal Officer Winnie M., who has vast insurance knowledge spanning over 10+ years in the industry. You can write to her and/or share feedback via this email bimahakika@gmail.com

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *