What’s covered by comprehensive car insurance?
Whether you’ve just acquired your first car or you are an experienced car owner scouting for better car insurance options. The first and most important step is to understand what your car will be covered for when purchasing comprehensive car insurance.
Comprehensive insurance in Kenya is motor insurance that protects your car and third parties against all possible risks within Kenya, but can be extended to other East African countries on request.
Your car will generally be covered for such risks as;
- Natural disasters (like an earthquake),
- Falling objects, damage done to your car by animals,
- A civil disturbance (like a riot that results in damage or destruction of your car) etc.
- Third party injuries compensation up to a specified limit.
- Third-party property damage compensation up to a specified limit.
In addition, most insurer in Kenya extend free benefits to comprehensive car insurance by offering additional benefits such as;
- Free cover for windscreen, theft of audio and video accessories,
- Free cover for spare wheel, jack and tool box,
- Free cover for protection, recovery & towing after accident,
- Authority for emergency repairs up to an agreed limit.
- Cover for damage to vehicles in the custody of Motor Trader or Garage,
- Non claim discount – building up to 60% depending on the number of years without a claim,
- Discount on fleet, when onboarding more than 3 cars.
- A comprehensive car insurance allows an insured to add extra benefits at an additional cost, and such benefits may include.
- Cover your car against damage as a result of Political Violence and Terrorism.
- Cover for Excess Protection in case your car is involved in an accident.
- Personal Accident Cover for Drivers can also extend to the nuclear family.
- Cover your home and house contents at a discounted rate.
- Geographical scope limit – Kenya
Bima Hakika Wiz
Inform your insurer if you wish to use your car outside the Kenyan borders, within the East African region a COMESA yellow card is issued to protect you against any third party claims that may arise while in the foreign land.
Buy cover with Top Rated Insurer from the comfort of your home or office. Our network of insurers is carefully vetted and rated by our clients, we believe in the power of peer recommendation and value of customers’ feedback,
While you engage us, be sure you are choosing only tried and tested credible insurers and your feedback will matter.
Get a Quote Today
This article is written by our Principal Officer Winnie M., who has vast insurance and financial knowledge spanning over 10+ years in the industry. You can write to her and/or share feedback with us via this email firstname.lastname@example.org